Who needs ISO 45001? Companies that care for their employees.
Implementing ISO 45001 results in a significant reduction in liability, worker’s compensation and health costs, workplace injuries, and work hour loss, and therefore, increases the company’s productivity in general.
The standard is based on the following principles:
- Demonstration of leadership and management commitment
- Setting of objectives leading to improvement of OHS performance
- Effective hazard identification, risk management and risk control
- Clear lines and definitions of responsibility
- Systematic approach to managing occupational health & safety
ISO 45001 is compatible with the ISO 9001:2008 (Quality) and ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental) management systems standards. This is to facilitate the integration of quality, environmental, occupational health and safety management systems for organizations that wish to do so.
Want to set up OHS in your workplace? Contact us today.